Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. By visiting http://www.scarletandnell.com (our website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Scarlet & Nell may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
How We Use Personal Information
What information do we collect?
- Information you give us: Your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, social media profile names, order details and other information that you provide to us on our site (e.g. when making purchases, subscribing to our marketing material, reporting a problem to us, entering a competition, writing a review or asking questions or sending us correspondence, or any details you provide when engaging with us through either or website or by other forms of verbal, written and electronic communication).
- We also collect details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders. Please note that our site does not directly collect any debit or credit card information. However, it does integrate with our secure payment gateway provider Stripe, who will process debit and credit card payments on our behalf.
- Information we receive from other sources: We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. We may combine this information with information you give us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out below (depending on the types of information we receive).
How do we use personal information?
We use your information as follows:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To process purchases, refunds, exchanges and other transactions.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Subject to the appropriate permissions, to send information about our goods and services which may be of interest to you by e-mail.
- We will not provide your information to any third parties other than those facilitating payment for our products and/or to authorities and their agents in the event of possible fraud.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep our site safe and secure.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
How can I opt out of receiving marketing from Scarlet & Nell?
If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails (e.g. e-mails regarding special offers, newsletters, blogs) from us, please contact us. You may also change your preferences at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each e-mail you receive from us. In addition, when you complete a feedback form or one of our surveys you may opt-out of receiving promotional correspondence from us.
To whom is personal information disclosed?
In order to fulfil your order, process your payment details and to provide you with services, we may share your personal information with our trusted services providers, including but not limited to Stripe (our payment provider), our delivery partners, our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, our analytics, mailing list and search engine providers.
The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and treated in accordance with this policy.
Additionally, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we are involved in a business transaction such as a merger, an acquisition, or any form of sale of all, or a part of, our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and any other agreements, or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Scarlet & Nell, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
If you review a Scarlet & Nell product, then that review may be publically available on our website.
IP Addresses and Cookies
Information Automatically Logged
Our site collects your browser’s internet protocol ("IP") address in order to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our site. Our site records the browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platform to monitor market penetration of various web browsers so we can better determine the internet technologies we may utilise in the design of the pages on our site.
Our site may also collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators ("URL") clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number. Our site may also collect location and traffic data, weblogs and other communication data.
Our site uses page referrer data, which is information about the page that linked you to this page, to determine to what extent our page is referenced by other resources on the internet.
This data may be used to preserve the integrity of our computing resources (i.e. to recognise malicious attacks etc.) and it enables us to provide you with the best shopping experience that we can by tailoring information to fit your personal preferences. For more detail see: https://support.google.com/analytics/
A cookie is a small amount of data sent from our server and stored on your computer's hard drive.
We use the following four different types of cookies on our site:
- Cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of our site: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our site. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use our site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All the information that these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous. This information is only used to improve how our site works.
- Specifically, the performance cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region which you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services which you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Your choices about cookies
You can choose to disable or manage cookies as follows:
We may use Adobe Flash Player to display video or image content. It may not possible to block or restrict flash cookies using your browser settings. However, information on how to control flash player privacy and security settings is available from the Adobe website at: www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security.
Confidentiality / Security
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our customers' personal data.
Links to External Websites
Our site contains links to and from other websites, including the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Please check the external websites' privacy polices before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. This is explained above at the section of this policy entitled "How can I opt out of receiving marketing from Scarlet & Nell". You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. You can ask us to provide the information by sending a letter by post, which clearly identifies yourself, to the postal address listed below. Any access request may be subject to a legally applicable fee.
Scarlet & Nell Limited
179 Whiteladies Road